Recognizing the current emergency in our country and the need for our industry to respond quickly to these and future emergencies, the IBEW and NECA have developed the National Disease Emergency Response Agreement (NDERA) for our contractors and members. This agreement gives our industry the ability to respond quickly to potential emergencies related to this pandemic. The provisions of the Agreement will be effective immediately, on March 16, 2020, as they are intended for use, and will remain in effect until terminated. We will meet every 30 days by conference call to evaluate this agreement and determine its other benefits. If you have any questions, please contact the IBEW or NECA National Organizations. Unfortunately, through social media and word of mouth, our members are encouraged to leave one employer just to be hired by another employer. This is done by IBEW members, NECA employers and non-NECA employers. Our clients are upset that IBEW members have given up their jobs and left the work unfinished to carry out storm projects. Our external market share at national level is 33% and has been hovering in this area for some time. Someone does the other 67% of the external work in the United States. If we continue to alienate our daily customers, we will certainly lose market share. The term employer, as used below, refers to the sole proprietorship that has signed a letter of consent to a construction contract between a NECA Chapter and a local IBEW union or to an agreement between NECA and the IBEW, or if that agreement is made available to a contractor who has not signed a letter of consent. but is also a signatory of a construction contract with a local union of the IBEW, the employer must also be understood as this contractor.
Signed for NECA Signed for IBEW David Long Lonnie Stephenson CEO International President Date: 16.03.2020 Date: 16.03.2020 This agreement (NDERA) replaces all conflicting provisions of a construction agreement between a NECA chapter and a local IBEW union, except that it does not contain a locally negotiated letter of intent or agreement between a NECA chapter and a local IBEW union, which deals with the effects of the coronavirus. NECA/FIOE National Emergency Disease Response Agreement (NDERA) This agreement is entered into by and between the National Electrical Contractors Association and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (collectively) and applies to all local IBEW companies and unions that sign a letter of consent to be bound by a construction agreement between a NECA chapter and a local IBEW union. The IBEW may make this agreement available to other employers in the construction industry who have not signed a letter of consent to be bound by a construction agreement between a NECA Chapter and a local IBEW union. To: All NECA Chapters and IBEW Local Commercial Directors in the United States PAR: Lonnie R. Stephenson, IBEW International President, and David Long, NECA CEO. This threat persists and shall be continuously monitored by the Parties who agree to discuss any new legislation or regulations related to the coronavirus or a similar disease that may affect this Agreement. This Agreement will be effective on March 16, 2020 and will remain in effect until terminated as provided herein. The Parties shall meet every 30 days by conference call to evaluate this Agreement and determine its other benefits. The parties may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect, and either party may unilaterally terminate this Agreement by providing the other party with at least 90 days` written notice. I urge all business leaders and their members to start monitoring this problem before it gets worse and the IBEW loses customers and market share. During the term of this agreement, the following conditions apply: If an employee: The emergency agreement is very clear on this issue.
“Employees travelling under this provision must, upon request, prove that they have been legally referred to the itinerant contractor by a local IBEW union.